Beams: rays of light; to radiate light; to shine; to smile expansively; to emit; to transmit;
the bar of a
balance; to support/brace against stress; on the right track.


Digital Photography and Art by DiDi Hendley. Now...Words.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lion

by Divine Intervention with the assistance of DiDi Hendley (1987, I think)


I went for a walk in the woods. I met a Lion. He stood tall and walked proud: His aura was majestic. We talked of dreams and hopes. The Lion said to me, "I have a magic stone in my throat. If you reach inside and remove it, you will have happiness forever and ever." I thought of his offer, and said, "No, thank you." 


After some time, I again walked in the woods. I met the Lion, still ever so captivating. We talked of things beloved to ourselves. We shared thoughts, desires and needs. We spoke of Love. Then the Lion said to me, "I have a magic stone in my throat. If you would reach inside and remove it, you will have happiness forever and ever." I considered his intentions and said, "No, thank you." 


Much time passed, and I did not see the Lion. Then, one day, there was a knock on my door. The Lion said to me, "You are the Chosen One. you must remove the magic stone from my throat, then you will have happiness forever and ever." Such an honor to be called the Chosen One. He sought me out; thus, I knew I must remove the magic stone. 


I reached inside the darkness. I looked deeper and deeper and saw a glow. The stone exuded a bright white light. It was mesmerizing. I needed to touch it but was afraid of its power. Just as I reached in to grasp it, the Lion drew a breath and sucked out my heart. I withdrew in stunned silence. Before I could speak, the Lion went away, taking with him my heart and my happiness, forever and ever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment