Beams: rays of light; to radiate light; to shine; to smile expansively; to emit; to transmit;
the bar of a
balance; to support/brace against stress; on the right track.


Digital Photography and Art by DiDi Hendley. Now...Words.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Last Song

by DiDi Hendley  - circa 1990-94


You say you so love me,
to honor me true
you build me a castle,
so I will love YOU.

Atop a pinnacle,
above the ocean, so blue,
the castle so spacious,
filled with everything but YOU.

The empty halls reflect the sounds of words,
spoken sweetly, and on cue,
offering remembrances of embraces,
mere deceptions, in the memories of YOU.

Deceptions, so unmerciful,
so unfortunate,
but not untrue.
Blown away are the smiles, like the sand in the wind,
reflections of the castle built by YOU.

I am returned to my splintered mind,
where removed from view.
As punctuation so ends each line,
so it ends with YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment