Beams: rays of light; to radiate light; to shine; to smile expansively; to emit; to transmit;
the bar of a
balance; to support/brace against stress; on the right track.


Digital Photography and Art by DiDi Hendley. Now...Words.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 7 July Intensity Project: The Euphoric Rush of Everyday Life

I agree with Julia about Newport's quote. I haven't experienced joy to anywhere near the degree I have since I started writing this year--allowing my mind to...as he says...run amok; dialogue with invented nemesis (or heroes, for that matter); leap to daydreams of imaginary futures that may or may not work out, depending on MY whim.

I've existed in THAT world--the planned/productive (expected, boring, left-brained) existence, and the sense of accomplishment doesn't compare to now. Giving myself permission to exist in THIS glorious world makes the previous existence pale and futile in comparison. I acknowledge that it was necessary to bring me to this place, but I don't ever want to go back.

As far as accomplished...that remains to be seen. I'll always hope and have faith that I will someday be--based on Divine inspiration, as well as that very faith and hope that get me through the days of tedious politics, people, war, suffering, bills and to-do lists. The inspiration that keeps me writing and brings me joy. I do this for me...what comes from it...well...so be it. Acceptance and approval are always nice things, but they aren't necessary. If writing were to provide a living...to keep me away from existing in the aforementioned THAT world...then color me a happy girl.

1 comment:

  1. DiDi, I think that you have hit on an important part of personal growth here. Perhaps there is a time in our life when the "planned/productive" and left-brained way of thinking is appropriate, if for no other reason than for us to discard it (or perhaps adapt it), depending, of course, on our temperaments and life journey. Other people may find it useful or even liberating. Since I'm not one of them, I can't say!

    I am learning so much from your responses to these questions. **Thank you***

    ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete